2013 Review – 2014 Resolutions
Another year has passed! Here’s my review for last year and my hopeful outlook for the year ahead!
- I managed to get out of my comfort zone and take a challenging CGMA class on perspective from October through December. The homework frustrated the heck out of me and I was nearly brought to my knees every Saturday on deadline night. But I got really good feedback and hope to use everything I learned in making comic pages this year!
- I completed the Vol. 2 script towards the end of fall last year and I’m really excited about finalizing it for production. I feel I’ve grown as a writer and I hope the work is stronger for it. I didn’t always think I wanted to write stories, but this year I really sunk my teeth into the craft of writing and really tried to absorb everything I was learning. I also developed more patience for the process which made the whole ordeal much more fun and sustainable for the long run.
- I finished a staggering amount of nearly 300 books last year in audio and hardcopy form! I can hardly believe it myself. It is an incredible gift to live so close to a library as amazing as the Downtown Ann Arbor library. I didn’t have a community resource like this growing up and I guess I want bananas. I borrowed everything from manga to business books to contemporary classics and I feel everything managed to inform my writing in the end. Guys, I heartily recommend binging on free books. You just can’t lose!
- I maintained a fairly steady stream of side income freelancing which helped with self-publishing costs. This year that’s going to change a little because I’d like to prioritize Vol. 2 work but it’s still a good feeling to be reminded people want to actually pay for my art.
- Finish Vol. 2!
- Figure out a sustainable way to handle blogging, updates & social media processes. As you could probably tell, I got a little withdrawn online when it came to updating all my platforms last year. I confess it’s much easier to be on top of everything when you already have a book out than it is when it’s in still in the works. I’d like to figure out a way to blog and share stuff that hasn’t already been said before but that’s gonna take some strategizing!
- Maintain balance by working out, meditating and continue taking care of body.
- Get Polterguys wider marketing and distribution opportunities.
Getting my second book out to the world soon! Once again, thanks for sticking around!