POLTERGUYS Volume 1 – June 2012
POLTERGUYS Volume 1 Special Features and Extras – April 2013
POLTERGUYS Volume 2 – TBA
POLTERGUYS Volume 3 - TBA
POLTERGUYS Volume 4 - TBA
POLTERGUYS Volume 5 - TBA
POLTERGUYS Volume 6 - TBA
|Bree, a nerdy ambitious freshman, can’t wait to start college. Shunned in high school for her single-minded devotion to her studies, she looks forward to a place where brains trump social status. In her first week, she adjusts to college life but finds it hard to get along with her peers. After a fight with her roommate, she moves into an old house, only to find that it is haunted by the ghosts of five cute guys.
Artist: Laurianne Uy
|Polterguys Vol. 1 Special Features and Extras is a compilation of illustrations, articles and photos related to the publishing cycle of Volume One of the Polterguys series. It also features an original Polterguys short comic.
Artist: Laurianne Uy
- No Flying, No Tights – Polterguys Vol. 1
- Kirkus Reviews – Polterguys Volume 1
- Comics Worth Reading – Polterguys Volume One
- MTV Geek – “Polterguys” packs the house with cute ghost guys
- ReadaboutComics.com – Polterguys Vol. 1
- AnimeRadius.com – Polterguys Graphic Novel Review
- Poisoned Rationality – Graphic Novel Review: Polterguys Vol. 1
- Manga Maniac Cafe – Polterguys Vol. 1 by Laurianne Uy and Nathan Go
- Sequential Tart – Polterguys Vol. 1
- The Manga Critic – Polterguys Vol. 1
- Examiner.com – Webcomic Review – Polterguys
- ComicBooked.com – Own it with Yenny – Polterguys
- Pro-Lithic Ramblings – Polterguys (webcomic)
- “A solid coming-of-age piece with a great heroine…” ~Megan Lavey-Heaton, writer of Namesake
- “Uy’s cartooning is first-rate, with expressive characters and distinctive settings and backgrounds.” ~ComicsWorthReading.com
- “Uy and Go have taken one of the normally sketchy sub-genres of manga and twisted it around into something that drops all of the slightly unsettling pieces and keeps all of the good ones.” ~ReadAboutComics.com
Interested in writing about Polterguys?
- Download a hi-res copy of the cover, photos of the book and other related images from the blogger’s kit.
About the Creators
Laur creates comics and blogs about drawing manga, self-publishing and creativity. For her Berkeley art history thesis, she got away with analyzing works by CLAMP, her favorite Japanese comic artists.
Nathan studied screenwriting at USC. He was a PEN Center USA Emerging Voices Fellow 2012 and is pursuing his MFA at the University of Michigan.
Questions? Contact me at laurie.uy [at] gmail [dot] com.